ORGANIZE A FOOD AND FUND DRIVE
1 in 6 Oklahomans don't always know where they will get their next meal. Your support of the Food Bank is crucial to our mission of fighting hunger, feeding hope.
HOW DO I GET STARTED?
- Decide which dates work best for your school, business, or group to conduct a food drive. We take non-perishable food donations all year round.
- Set a goal for food and/or funds you would like to collect. 1.2 pounds equals the equivalent of a meal and $1 provides the equivalent of four meals.
- Figure out what supplies you may need. You are welcome to collect food or funds in any vessel you have on hand. If you need boxes, posters, and/or coin collectors, please let us know prior to picking them up at the Food Bank any business day between 8:00 am-4:30 pm.
- Register your drive: Fill out the form (located at bottom of page) or Contact Wendy Voss at 918-936-4511.
WHAT SHOULD WE COLLECT?
- Funds go far! With every $1, we can provide the equivalent of 4 meals.
Check out how a local company, Enovation Controls, brought their employees together with creative fundraising ideas. Their fund drive yielded nearly 24,000 meals! (Enovation Controls)
- Every 1.2 pounds equals the equivalent of a meal. Refer to our customization and printable food drive flyer. These items are our greatest needs, with emphasis on canned fruit and peanut butter.
Please stay away from:
- Outdated product
- Junk foods
- Rusty, dented cans
- Homemade or previously opened items
- Unlabeled product or a product not in its original packaging
- Alcohol, medicine, or sodas
HOW DO I MOTIVATE MY TEAM?
Many businesses like to have competitions between departments or reward their employees for reaching their goal of number of pounds collected.
- Compete with each other! Who can provide the most meals?
- Host a game night, movie night, show, or concert with donations as an entrance fee
- Work in teams to build a can-structure at your workplace or school
- Offer rewards for reaching a fund/food-raising goal. Examples include pizza parties, one-day pass for casual attire at work, etc.
- Match it! Encourage upper management to match donations, can for can or dollar for dollar.
MY FOOD DRIVE IS ENDING. HOW CAN WE GET OUR DONATION TO YOU?
We appreciate it when food can be dropped off at our Food Bank. Food pick up for smaller collections (300 lbs/3 boxes or less) is cost-prohibitive. Please help us use our resources wisely so we can feed more people!
- If your donation is easily portable in a few grocery bags, it would be easiest to bring it through our front lobby and check in with our receptionist between 8:00am-4:30pm on any business day.
- If your donation is larger than above, you may bring it to our agency dock from 8:30am-12:00pm or 1:00pm-4:30pm on any business day. Enter the warehouse and visit the agency office on your right, stating you are donating food, and our employees will help you unload and weigh your contribution.
If your food drive is too large to deliver (more than 300 lbs/3 boxes), we can schedule a pick-up with one of our truck drivers.
- Contact Wendy Voss at firstname.lastname@example.org or 918-936-4511 to schedule a pickup. It is best to schedule these a few days in advance, as we need to ensure the pickup can fit into our routes.
- We cannot guarantee a specific pickup time due to the number of stops our drivers visit daily, however we can ensure your donations will be picked up between 8:30am-3:30pm.
- During busy seasons, please recognize our pickups may occur a day or two later than scheduled. We are grateful for your contribution, and we appreciate your patience.
For information on Food and Fund Drives, contact Wendy Voss at email@example.com or 918-936-4511.
Register Your Drive