Organize a Food and Fund Drive
1 in 6 Oklahomans are unsure where their next meal will come from. Your support of the Food Bank is crucial to our mission of fighting hunger, feeding hope.
Two Food Drive Options, One Great Impact
Did you know 41% of the food we distributed last year was fresh produce? The wellbeing of our food recipients is our priority. Help us in our goal of continuing to supply healthy food and fresh produce by hosting a #GiveHealthy food drive. These drives are held virtually on your computer or mobile device. The Food Bank selects most needed items based on rotating needs throughout the year. Once your drive is complete the food is delivered to our Food Bank at no cost to you or us! Register you #GiveHealthy drive at http://givehealthy.org/index.php/start-a-drive/ .
Traditional Food Drive
If you would like to host a drive at your facility, we have a number of resources for you to use. Customizable flyers, posters, kits with fun ideas, coin collectors, and food drive boxes are available to you. We welcome you to come to the Food Bank Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. to pick up supplies. Once your drive has concluded, donations can be dropped off at the Food Bank Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. If you have collected over 300 items please contact us to schedule a pickup.
Short List of Most Desired Food Items
- Cash Donations ($1 = 4 Meals)
- Proteins: peanut butter, canned meats, dry pinto beans
- Fruits & Vegetables: dried fruit, canned fruit, and low-sodium vegetables
- Grains: brown rice, whole grain cereal, crackers, oatmeal, and pasta
- Non-food items: toothpaste, shampoo, soap, laundry detergent, and other basic necessities are also accepted at the Food Bank.
We cannot accept
- Food that is homemade, home-canned or previously opened
- Unlabeled products or a product not in its original packaging
- Perishable food, alcohol, medicine or sodas
- Rusty, dented cans
- Outdated product
For information on Food and Fund Drives, contact Anushka Raje at firstname.lastname@example.org or 918-936-4511.