SNAP 004

Apply for SNAP and other programs with the Oklahoma Department of Human Services (DHS). You may be able to complete all the steps at once if you go to a DHS office in person.

Find your county’s DHS office here

You can apply at any DHS office– you do not have to apply in the county where you live if another office is more convenient.

PART 1: Application

Online Application: If you have ever had a DHS case number, you can apply online at

For assistance with the OKDHS-Live website call 1-877-653-4798

Paper Application: If you have never had a case with DHS, you will need to fill out a paper application and turn it in to DHS in person, by mail, or by fax.

Click here for the English application

Click here for the Spanish application

Call your county office if you need the application mailed to you. If you can, turn in copies of your “items of proof” with your application (see Part 3 below).

PART 2: Interview with a Caseworker

You can do the interview at DHS or over the phone. DHS will send you a letter with the interview time/date and your caseworker’s information. Contact your caseworker to reschedule if needed – do not miss the interview! If you have not heard from DHS after 10 days, call the office to check on your application.

If you have a face-to-face interview at DHS, be sure to bring your “items of proof” (see Part 3 below).

PART 3: Items of ProofSNAP 003

You may be asked to turn in copies of “items of proof” documents like:
– Proof of your identity
– Social Security Numbers of everyone in the household
– Proof of expenses like rent and utilities, child care expenses, child support payments, and canadian pharmacy medical costs for anyone who is over 60 or disabled
– Proof of the last 30 days of income received for everyone living in the household. May include pay stubs, award letters, unemployment benefits, child support receipts and any other income received
– …And more, depending on the benefits you apply for

During the interview, the caseworker will tell you what documents are still needed. You should also get a letter that says what to turn in and the deadline. Send copies, not the original documents! Mark each page with you name and case number/Social Security Number.

What if I’m approved?

Within 30 days, you should get a letter telling you if your application was approved or denied. If you are approved, you can pick up your EBT card at DHS.

Use to check your case status. You will have to renew your benefits every 6 or 12 months for as long as you need them. You should receive a notice in the mail a month before the renewal is due.