While living on a $28 food budget for just one week cannot come close to the struggles encountered by low-income Oklahomans, we hope that this experience will provide you with a new perspective of what it’s like to live in poverty.
Think you might have trouble staying on track? Ask a friend to take the challenge with you!
As a reminder, here are the guidelines:
• Eat breakfast, lunch and dinner spending only $4 per day for one week.
• Imagine your cupboard is bare – don’t eat food you already have!
• Salt and pepper don’t count, BUT all other seasonings, cooking oils and condiments do.
• Don’t forget to include the cost of your drink.
• Don’t accept food from family, friends or anyone else for that matter – not even free samples!
Have questions? Email us.